After the couple meets and gets engaged, it’s the perfect time to set the date and start the week-long preparations! There are so many different things that need to happen before the actual ceremony arrives. As the date for your wedding tie draws near, you as well as your fiancé will find themselves the subjects of a whirlwind of parties. Some you will host, but for most, you two will be the guests of honor; which means you get to pretty much relax and enjoy the festivities. Pre-wedding celebrations have its own charm, especially if you plan to organize them in “The city of future – Dubai.” Pre-wedding celebrations in Dubai is most advanced, grand, and ambitious. Dubai is rapidly growing its popularity as a hub for destination weddings as well as pre-wedding celebrations. Here are few tips if you plan to do pre-wedding celebrations in Dubai:
1. Pre-wedding Shoots
Pre-wedding shoots are becoming more and more popular during pre-wedding celebrations in Dubai as couples use it as a chance to get some professional photo shoots that can be used for their wedding websites, invites or some pretty pictures that aren’t selfies. Dubai is certainly a beautiful wedding venue with its rustic deserts, scenic locations, royal palaces and tall skyscrapers. Have a few glimpses of them:
- Burj Khalifa: Dubai’s famous landmark, the exquisite multistory building is one of the destinations in Dubai for the pre-wedding photo shoot.
- Atlantis, the Palm: From shooting with the dolphins to capturing the private moments of the couple on its private beach, you can have a great time capturing some magical moments.
- Jumeirah Beach: The glorious Jumeirah Beach lies along Dubai’s coast, provides stretches of soft white sand which is relaxing and playful.
- Madinat Jumeirah: Pick any nook or corner of the magnificent Madinat Jumeirah – and add just the right touch of magic to every frame. Each brick and stone of the iconic structure has a love story to tell if gifted with a tongue.
- Dubai Desert: This exotic location is served as the perfect frame for some extraordinary pre-wedding photo shoot ideas. Just let your bright outfits flow with the natural breeze and add a striking contrast to the low-lit sand dunes.
- Miracle Garden: Looking for a ‘fairy-tale’ love story? The brightest and most striking colors of the magical Miracle garden in Dubai will make your shoot amazingly wacky!
- Fujairah Mountains: Just about two hours from the chaos of Dubai, there’s this romantic getaway. The rocks add a beautiful reddish tone that can be paired up with beautiful bright or light colored clothing.
2. Sagan/Engagement Ceremony
You have got the man/woman of your dreams, now it’s time to think about your pre-wedding celebrations in Dubai. If you don’t want to go with a classic engagement party, don’t worry! Wedding planners in Dubai can offer you quirky ideas to celebrate your engagement ceremony in unique style.
- Outdoor movie night featuring the future Mr. and Mrs.
Throw up a sheet, rent a projector, and turn your engagement into a real-life rom-com with an outdoor movie theater-themed party that’s bound to be a box office hit.
- Dessert Party
You can also think of planning your engagement ceremony amidst barren deserts of Dubai. Serve up a selection of dessert wines (port, white Riesling, Merlot, and Cabernet) and typical dessert-time beverages such as espresso, coffee, and tea.
- Casino Night
You’ve already won the jackpot by finding the love of your life. Now, you can keep the good times rolling along with some dice and cards at your own casino night.
- Rooftop engagement party – you can think of choosing Burj Al Arab, Mercury Lounge, 40 Kong
Dubai is popular for its tallest buildings; there is no better option than celebrating your engagement ceremony on the rooftop.
3. Haldi Function
There are a lot of wedding services, an event planner can offer you in Dubai. They also hold expertise in organizing pre-wedding celebrations in Dubai like Haldi Ceremony, which holds a special place of honor in traditional weddings. According to the ancient texts, there is the importance of every ritual that forms a part of Marriage, including Haldi Ceremony. There is all fun, laughs, traditions, and dance at this festive wedding event. Haldi paste is applied at bride and groom’s face and body in full entertaining way.
- Opt floral decoration: Marigold flower’s streamers create excellent decoration expressions. With floral decoration, you can derive simple but attractive decoration idea for the hall, stairs, and doors for haldi event.
- Traditional stage decoration: Wedding event managers in Dubai recommend vivacious multi-colored patterns collectively creating an allure stage decoration for haldi event. Luxurious bright colored pillows, traditional pots with color decoration and royal stage with velvet stuff cover create an inspiring stage for those brides who are interested in royal theme wedding ceremony.
- Haldi decoration for outdoor hallway: From the very entrance, your guest must get the impression that they are going to attend a unique and standard wedding function and it can be possible through fetching hallway decoration. Multi-colored fancy canopies with floral decoration produce excellent grace. This fabulous bright colored decoration idea is alluring, traditional and teamed with entertaining charm.
- Plan a dress code: Of course, the dress code has to be yellow!
- Make it into a holi party: Get organic colors and smoke bombs for everyone to play around!
- Get kilos and kilos of flower petals and you’re good to go!
- Plan wild and crazy activities: Kurta tearing ritual for groomsmen and even giving them a Haldi bath
- Get customized badges for everyone attending the ceremony
4. Henna Night
During your pre-wedding celebrations in Dubai, having a henna night is a great way to bring your female friends and family members together to have fun and enjoy each other’s company. You must go for an oriental theme when it comes to your henna night. Wedding event companies in Dubai mostly decorate this special function with cushions, rugs, candles, and lamps. If you are having your party outdoors, consider having a Moroccan tent. There are few other services Dubai event planners offer for Henna night:
- Hookahs or Shishas: Wedding management companies offer hookahs or shishas (water pipes) set for your guests.
- Authentic tea cups: You can also have the traditional glass tea cups filled with candy and wrapped in organza fabric.
- Traditional accessories: Highlight the space with easily available and fun accessories. You can use colorful pots, pinwheels, kaleeras (Punjabi wedding kaliras), temple bells, traditional Rajasthani puppets, lanterns and in fact colorful diyas.These accessories will transform the Mehendi decor to a magical place.
- Accessory bags: Wedding companies in Dubai also suggest keeping accessory bags with different oriental accessories: toe rings, ankle bracelets, earrings and even Arabic kohl.
- Decoration with dupattas having sequins/mirror work: Use bold warm colored dupattas having sequins/mirror work for Mehendi décor. Since the vibes of a Mehendi night are homely as well as casual; brightly colored fabric used for Mehendi décor will not give the event an exotic and festive flair but also warmth and intimacy. Bubblegum shades together like: bright blue, yellow, pink, purple, green and yellow all together also look so good together for a Mehendi!
- Rangoli: Wedding event companies suggest colored sand, glitter, flowers, and paints can be used to make stunning rangoli at the entrance of the venue.
- Traditional flowers: You can use marigold for a bright orange effect. Gerberas and Jasmine also look beautiful.Space will look cheerful and colorful as well as traditional and ethnic.
- Stylish Mehendi designs from Arabic to Moroccan: Made from crushed leaves of the henna tree, henna powder is mixed with water and lemon juice or a similar acidic to create a thick paste that stains the skin on contact. In Dubai, you can find great Mehendi3 artists skilled with Arabic style, Italian style, Indo – Arabic style, Moroccan Style and glitter mehendi.
- Cool photobooths: Photobooths can make your henna night ceremony lively and fun. They can be shaped as sunglasses, mustaches etc, your guests will surely go wild clicking pictures here.
5. Sangeet Function
Dubai Event Planners usually invite talented Shehnai, Dholak & Tabla players for their pre-wedding celebrations in Dubai, especially when it’s a traditional sangeet function. You can also sparkle the function by adding wind chimes to the venue if it’s happening in an open space. You can invite Tribute Acts, Cabaret Acts, Live Bands and Celebrity Appearances at your sangeet function in Dubai. There other unique things that you can add on to your Sangeet function like:
- Superb Entry by bride and groom on a scooter or a cycle!
- Use of glitter paper and thermal (made to look like pearls) in the dance sequence that makes the photos look amazing!
- Beautiful use of lights and effects (Ask your wedding planner or decorator to give you good ideas to use lights to enhance your decor set up)
- Use of props like sunglasses and lungis to make the dances more fun and enjoyable to watch
- South Indian songs with ample of jhatkas and thumkas to make your crowd go insane with laughter!
6. Bachelor Party
Never miss your bachelorette party with your lovely friends and cousins before their pre-wedding celebrations in Dubai. When it comes to pre-wedding celebrations in Dubai, you can start your bachelorette tour with the usual Desert Safari and the popular camel rides. Then go for underwater extravaganza – Enjoy dolphin kisses, underwater diving, and all the fun water activities. You can enjoy belly dancing, cycling on Marina Bay with your lovely friends and of course a yacht tour. You can enjoy night parties with your mates at posh hotels like Bab Al Shams, Atlantis The Palm Hotel, The Crowne Plaza, Conrad Dubai.
You can also book innumerable exotic resorts like Radisson Blu, Hilton Fujairah Resort, Cove Rotana Resort, Danat Al Ain Resort Hotel and Asfar Resorts at famous places – Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah & Al Ain. These are top wedding venues in Dubai, good to book for bachelorette parties too.